Friday, December 31, 2010

Belief - Living Your Intended Life

"Every decision you make - every decision - is not a decision about what to do. It's a decision about Who You Are. When you see this, when you understand it, everything changes. You begin to see life in a new way. All events, occurrences, and situations turn into opportunities to do what you came here to do." ~ Neale Donald Walsch

 

Do you know who you are? Isn’t that the million dollar question?  Looking at my bookshelves it appears I’ve been on a journey spanning a couple of decades gathering information to bring insight to this question.  If I’m lucky, I’m about one third into this lifetime.  I'm hopeful to possible have two thirds left to 'get this' and create the life I desire.  Goodness knows I’ve lived enough years refining who I think I am in order to make better decisions.  One of my favorite artists summed it up best saying, “To find, try and find myself-hardest thing I've ever done” (Sevendust's “Shine").  Why is it the hardest thing I’ve ever done?  One answer kept coming to the forefront as the root of anything and everything lacking in my life, BELIEF. 

Fostering a belief in who we are and what we came here to do, learning to believe in possibilities, and believing in the abundance of the universe are all integral parts of the journey.  What I’ve been mulling over as of late is the process of developing an unwavering belief of self,  in order to become one who can then take that belief and apply it to all events, occurrences and situations as Mr. Walsch says.  One must learn how to think positive, to affirm what's right, to see possibilities when others see defeat.  All of the worlds greatest teachers share this.  Mahatma Gandhi said that, "Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."  Ralph Waldo Emmerson also noted that, "Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief in denying them."

I’ve been doing what many of us tend to do around the Holidays, taking stock of the last year.  I ask myself those hard questions such as, “I am living the life that I was intended to?  What’s getting in the way of this?  What am I going to do about it? What’s working in my life?  What gives me peace, joy and happiness? Am I listening to the 'affirmations of my soul' 100%”  Then I take the answers and weave them into a vision of the year ahead.

What I’ve found is that if I’ll just shut up and listen to myself (read: the universe) that the answers come easily.  This is often referred to as meditation or the act of being quiet and still.  How is it then that the answers come so easily when this occurs? Probably because they’ve always been there waiting for me to develop them.  Now, just because the answers your seeking are there as intangible thoughts doesn't mean they're going to be handed to you in life as manifestations on a silver platter.  It’s an irrefutable fact that it takes belief to turn a thought into an action just as it takes belief to manifest (including that which is undesirable).  Belief goes either way, it's a choice.  You can believe in that which serves your intentions or that which doesn't.  

I’ve learned that belief’s opposites known as doubt and/or a negative thinking aren’t really cured, they’re managed.  I’ve also noticed that there is for me at least, some sort of universal guidance going on.  I’m not the only one though.  Some call it divine guidance, others The Holy Spirit or God.  Whatever you label it, just know that the shortest path between A and B in your life rests in your ability to not second guess when you’re led by it.  You must be able to believe in yourself enough to listen to it.  We screw it up guessing and doubting.  Hello McFly, you and I can't get the blessing if we get in the way of ourselves  (… :o) … the Back to The Future movies have been running all week and my eleven year old can’t get enough of them).  Sadly, this seems to always be the recurring issue, getting in the way of ourselves, at least it has been for me.

So again, what has worked for me the most this past year of transformation has been to shut up and listen to the intentions of my life.  How does one know their life’s intentions?  I’ll tell you a secret, you probably already know them.  Frankly put, they’re those recurring themes, desires, and wants that are often disguised as hurdles, molehills and the mountains in your life.  Recurring because they don’t go away or transcend to what they’re supposed to be (read: knowledge gained, lesson learned) until you take notice and get ‘them.’ At least for me, once this happens, I’m much more open, willing and able to do the work required to be able to identify when thoughts are negative or limiting.  I’ve basically learned how not to pre-judge my own life’s intent and in doing so I’m learning how to not pass on or assume that any person I’m about to share with won't receive (to include when the universe is sharing ‘universal knowledge’ with me).  That's between them and their universal guidance, not you and them. Got it?  Just believe and get out of your own way.  It's working for me and so many others, I know it can work for you too!

As the new calendar year begins, I wish for you peace, love, compassion and unity.  I wish for today and every day to remind you of why you’re here, what gifts you bring to each of us, and how truly special you are.  There is nothing in life you can’t create, become or have.  Your life, like mine, has limitless abundance and amazing things in store.  All we have to do is believe when whispered to.

Copyright ©2010 Nita Clewis All rights reserved.
For personal use only. Commercial use without permission is not allowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment