Came across this a few weeks ago, and it was worth passing along. It reminded me of my using a Bible verse as a sifting and sorting standard. I hope it helps you with your own standards and self worth.
these 15 things....
1. Is he or she a good friend to his/her friends?
2. Does he or she treat others (especially his mother and sisters/her father and brothers) with kindness, love & respect?
3. Is he or she responsible? Dependable? Reliable?
4. Does he or she keep his/her word?
5. Can he or she work through conflicts/problems calmly to resolution?
6. Is he or she loyal and honest?
7. Does he or she care about your feelings?
8. Is he or she consistent & emotionally stable?
9. Is he or she free of addictions?
10. Is he or she kind to you, others, children & animals?
11. Does he or she have stable income and handle his/her finances well?
12. Is he or she generous with his/her time, energy and resources?
13. Does he or she want a committed relationship?
14. Does he or she accept you the way you are and allow you to be yourself?
15. Do you enjoy each other’s company?