Thursday, April 21, 2016

Truth & Consequences - Part 4 - The Next Chapter

Lessons are repeated until they're learned. 

I don't like to give up hope on people, especially when they're young and inexperienced in the world.  I'd like to think I turned out okay because somewhere along the way, a few people didn't give up on me.  For this reason, my heart has always been open.

Winter would bring another change my way.  That kid I raised as my own, she'd come back into my life because of that stroke.  A new chapter would begin.  One where she's now become a mom, learning along the way what sacrifice really is and how resilient she is to do hard things.  I'm proud of the woman she's working to become and hopeful she'll find her way.  I did, so I can only hope she will as well.  Life has a way of figuring itself out.  This path of hers is no different. 

Children have a way of grounding us to this world.  They're an anchor in life's storms. As we navigate what's ahead, I wish that each of you out there missing a loved one, get the chance that Jennifer and I have had this past winter.  Don't let a health scare be the catalyst that allows you to let go and walk back into someone else's life.  Decide today to do it anyway.  Life will be better for it.  I promise.  Risk comes from reward.  Remember that.  I love you.



Copyright ©2016 Nita Clewis All rights reserved.  For personal use only.  Commercial use without permission of the author is not allowed.  Sharing with friends and family is warmly welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment